Tips for using the Föli journey planner
You can use the Föli journey planner for much more than finding a route between locations A and B. For example, you can find loading points near you, locate buses and print out bus stop timetables. The journey planner is easy to use both on a computer and a mobile device.
Start using the journey planner with these tips!
How do I find a complete bus stop timetable from the journey planner?
- Enter the bus stop number or name in the search field with the title Timetables and routes.
- A list of bus stops opens. Select your bus stop. The ‘Right now’ view opens, where you can see the next departures from the selected bus stop.
- Go to the ‘Timetable’ tab to see all the departures. Select the routes and date you want to check. You can also print out timetables.
How do I follow nearby busses on the map? And how do I find the bus card loading points near me?
All kinds of information can be displayed on the journey planner map. You can view vehicles, bus stops, bus terminals, ferries, service points, loading points, ticket machines, park & ride sites, other destinations and zones.
How to display these objects on the map:
- Find the layer icon at the bottom right corner of the journey planner map.
- Click on the icon. A menu opens. Select the information you want to display on the map.
I know how to plan a route, but the time estimate is never accurate because I walk slower than the journey planner assumes. Is there any way to fix this?
You can tailor the journey planner to your needs. You can adjust the search options, e.g. public transport vehicles (bus, ferry). You can also adjust the amount of walking, walking speed and transfer margin. The journey planner also allows you to select the routes you prefer or want to avoid. In addition, you can set route preferences and search for wheelchair-accessible routes.
- Search for a route. Select ‘Settings’, which is on the same row as the selected time.
- Adjust the settings and select ‘Save settings’.
Where do I find disruption information?
You can view all the current traffic exceptions in the journey planner. The ‘Disruption info’ symbol (warning triangle) is next to the language options at the top right corner of the screen. By clicking on the symbol, you can view all the current traffic exceptions, e.g. exceptional routes or temporarily moved bus stops.
- Click on the menu button the top right corner of the screen.
- The menu opens and you can see the button for current traffic exceptions.
You can also see traffic exceptions in the route search view:
- Select a proposed route with the disruption symbol.
- Go to the ‘Disruptions’ box.
Does the journey planner recommend other routes than bus routes?
Yes! For example, the journey planner will recommend you to take a bike or walk if it is the fastest option for the route selected.
I am a beginner in using the journey planner! How do I find a route between two locations?
Here is how you use the journey planner on Föli’s website:
- Go to https://foli.fi/en. There is a journey planner box on the top left side of the front page. Write your start location in the ‘Origin’ field. You can write the name or number of a bus stop or the name of a city district or a company. By clicking on the pin symbol in the ‘Origin’ field, you can set your current location as the starting point.
- Write your destination in the ‘Destination’ field. You can write the name or number of a bus stop or the name of a city district or a company.
- If you are looking for a route right away, click on the ‘Search’ button. The journey planner will then suggest routes for you. If you are looking for a route for the future, you have to adjust the time setting.
- Click on the arrow next to ‘Leaves now’ and choose whether you want to search routes by departure or arrival time. Select the option you want.
- Write the time and date and click on the ‘Search’ button.
How to use the journey planner directly on the journey planner site:
- Go to https://reittiopas.foli.fi/ and write your start location in the search field at the top of the page. You can write the name or number of a bus stop or the name of a city district or a company. You can also select ‘Use current location’ to set your current location as the starting point.
- In the next box, write your destination. You can write the name or number of a bus stop or the name of a city district or a company.
- The journey planner will suggest routes for the current date and time. You can also change the date and time and choose whether you want to search routes by departure or arrival time. When you change these options, the journey planner will update the search results automatically.
Do you have any other questions about the journey planner or do you need help with using it?
Our customer service is happy to help you. You can reach our customer service by calling us, via our chat or at Monitori Market Square. Contact our customer service here: customer service